Crones Counsel XXXI – 2023
October 12-15, 2023
Las Vegas Embassy Suites Hotel (Near UNLV)
4315 University Center Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
$159/night twin double, $139/night king
Registration for the Gathering will be available through the CC website from January 1, 2023 through April 1, 2023. The Registration fee is $299 which is to be paid IN FULL at the time you register. No refunds for cancellations will be made unless the event is cancelled by Crones Counsel.
Registration for this event is now closed.
HOTEL RESERVATION – Hotel Reservations must be made by APRIL 1, 2023.
- The Hotel is the Las Vegas Embassy Suites Hotel near UNLV
- Address: 4315 University Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Call 800-362-2779 and mention Crones Counsel 2023 (Group code: C-CCI) for room reservations which includes three days before/three days after at the conference rate. You may also make a reservation online here.
- Check in time: 4:00 p.m. Check out time on Sunday: 11:00 a.m.
OTHER HOTEL INFORMATION
- Note: this hotel is near the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and is not the Embassy Suites Convention Center hotel.
- Complimentary daily free full buffet or cooked-to-order breakfast.
- Complimentary nightly reception with drinks and snacks provided by hotel
- Parking fee: negotiated discount – $10 per day
- McCarran Airport is two miles from hotel with Harry Reid International Airport, one mile. The hotel does not provide an airport shuttle.
MEALS PROVIDED BY CRONES COUNSEL
- Thursday evening: welcome reception
- Friday: early dinner buffet
- Saturday: lunch buffet
SCHEDULE – THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING
- Thursday: registration, reception, opening evening session, drumming
- Friday: storytelling, wisdom circles, dinner buffet, honoring and remembrance ceremony, storytelling, drumming
- Saturday: storytelling, wisdom circles, lunch buffet, forums, follies, drumming
- Sunday: closing morning session
STORYTELLING AND WISDOM CIRCLES
Our traditional Storytelling time will take place Friday morning and evening, and Saturday morning. Wisdom Circles of 6-8 women each will meet on Friday and Saturday.
SPECIAL HONORING AND REMEMBERING CEREMONY
Friday afternoon, after the early dinner buffet, the Honoring of the Elders and Decades Ceremony will take place, and, then, after that, we will share in a time of Remembering all Crones Counsels 1993 to 2023.
Saturday evening, as one of the more fun events of the Gathering, you may plan to share your talents by singing, playing an instrument, doing standup comedy or dancing – it’s a venue where you can perform. There will be a sign up at registration, and if you need to access the sound system, think about what you will need. Bring any materials that go along with your performance.
Early in the gathering a poster will be available to schedule Saturday afternoon forums. Anyone wanting to facilitate a forum may reserve a time – one of the six potential forums – choosing a topic of her choice or one taken from the following suggestions: poetry reading, end of life paperwork, elder health concerns, co-housing options, starting an in-person crones circle, circle dancing, etc. Participants can go to any forum they wish.
If there is a person you wish could be with you at the gathering but who has made her transition, bring her spirit with you. And, if you wish, bring her picture or something that reminds you of her to put on the empty chair.
As a tradition at our gatherings, we have an altar to express the spiritual component to our being together. Everyone is invited to bring an object to place on the altar to symbolize your connection to Crones or, to our theme, Celebrating Crones. When you take your object home, it will be imbued with the sacred energy of our Gathering.
Since there will be no separate room to display your products, we encourage all artisans to bring order sheets, as well as posters, photos or actual examples of your product. A table in the main room will be available for these plus other brochures, handouts, business cards, etc. for you to display your products and their availability.
WHAT TO BRING
For the Honoring Ceremony: “crone” clothes if you wish to dress up
For the Share Table: Order sheets, handouts, business cards, samples of products
For Follies: costumes, musical instruments, CDs, etc.
For Drumming: your drums and rattles
For the Empty Chair: photos, remembrances
For the Altar: item to take home afterwards
Registration for this event is now closed.
IMPORTANT: Anyone attending a Crones Counsel gathering must agree to a waiver of liability and a photography release. Please click here to view our Liability Waiver/Photography Release.